Monday, September 04, 2006

Amsterdam, we have a problem!


This is Schiphol. Check out everyone cooling off after a long, hard flight with a well-deserved smoke. Also check out the 'No Smoking' sign feeling totally ignored. Niet roken. What's that?

Also, during my layover a few times at this airport to and from Bombay, the PA crackled to life a number of times to warn errant passengers to board their flights immediately or risk offload. I don't have the exact count, but I heard close to a dozen such announcements in a half-hour period. I was obviously struck by the peculiarity and regularity of this phenomenon at Schiphol.

You can listen to one such announcement too, and pardon me for the audio quality.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.